Real-time Progress Monitoring
For Enterprise Construction Ventures
“Enterprise construction projects are currently impossible to monitor in real-time without an army of people to maintain accurate data”
Dan Bourne, Minotro Ltd
The methodology forming the basis of Minotro is the brainchild of Dan Bourne. Dan’s 25+ years experience led to the practice of tracking project progress by definable, weighted worksteps. At the time nothing existed, so he created spreadsheets to do the job, which although worked fine, much of the efficiency they introduced was lost due to the time they took in preparation ,the very same time-lag that challenges up-to-the-minute progress monitoring today.
So Dan teamed up with award-winning technology entrepreneur Paul Smith to develop a real-time equivalent. The result is Minotro, a groundbreaking methodology with outstanding commercial benefits.
Minotro deals with the real questions that decision makers in enterprise construction ventures need to know.
Minotro ExplainedMinotro uses cutting edge, extensible machine learning that can handle data incredibly efficiently and accurately, making millions of calculations and adjustments in real-time without affecting speed or usability. Every installation of Minotro can be customised to suit individual needs. The technology is patented and is protected under international intellectual property law.
How does it work?
It starts with a data import. Schedule data is exported from industry standard scheduling software e.g. Oracle Primavera P6 and imported into Minotro. From here the schedule data is configured to exactly to replicate the ‘as planned’ event calendar. What makes Minotro different is the way it deals with ‘as built’ progress. Minotro gives registered users a live interface via their device e.g. desktop, laptop, iPad etc. through which progress updates can be recorded in real-time, irrespective of the size of the venture. All registered users can see progress changes as they happen live in the field. From here, any multi-discipline report can be created and customised in seconds and circulated to all concerned.
Because progress data is updated in real-time, decision makers can immediately choose what needs to be done next to avoid delay, risk and subsequent overheads. This unique ability to immediately pinpoint financial risk is a key feature and an offers an immediate ROI to Minotro’s clients.
What issues does Minotro address?
• Reports are out of date before they are of real use
• Report data is fragmented, coming from too many sources
• Reports are standardized. They don’t show what you need
• Accurate reporting requires large teams of analysts
• Reports are often complex, time-consuming spreadsheets
• Most reports don’t answer the REAL questions
What does Minotro bring to the deal?
• Management now have the confidence that the numbers in all reports are actual and verified
• Minotro gives you a real-time snapshot across all disciplines
• Progress is instantly available via an easy to use interface for fieldworkers and analysts
• Minotro apps collect on-site progress data in seconds
• No waiting for management to compile reports.
• Minotro centralizes progress data
• Reports can be compiled with complete flexibility and customized to answer everybody’s questions